Tuesday 27 May 2008

This bird can sing

This is my first slew of festivals as a performer, which naturally I'm very excited about. I've only played one so far, Coachella with Mark Ronson. It was the biggest crowd I've ever performed to and I'm not going to pretend I wasn't nervous, but because it was dark I could only really see about 200 people anyway. Coachella is great, once the sun goes down it's not too hot to dance without losing vital amounts of sweat, and where else would you find David Hasselhoff and Rosanna Arquette just hanging around backstage? I saw Daft Punk there in 2006 and they were unbelievable; I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Apparently, the festival paid them $1 million to play and they spent it all on the set, which included the famous and awesome Daft Punk pyramid. People went ballistic during that show. As for the UK festivals, I've never been but I'm told Wireless is good because it removes the "roughing factor", which I think appeals to anyone who'd prefer to go home to a warm bed once the show's over rather than a tent. Personally, I can't wait to play Bestival because I hear it's very eccentric and there's a fancy dress night where everyone dresses up. Speaking of which, I just bought my outfit for Glastonbury. All I can say is that it's very colourful and, also, waterproof.












Sam Sparro is playing the 02 Wireless festival, Saturday July 5 on the Sandisk stage


See Also